Overview of Dr.Santosh.C.S
|Designation:||Professor & HOD|
|Degree & Additional Qualifications:||M.B.B.S. and M.D.|
|Membership:||Life member of Karnataka Medico-legal Society
Life Member Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine
Life Member South Indian Medico-legal Association
Life Member Indian Medical Association
|Years of Experience:||12 Years|
|List of Publications:||1. Autopsy suite, Mobile Autopsy suite and Bio-safety. Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, Vol 24 No 1 , January-June 2007, page 31-35. National journal Indexed in Embase & the Excerpta Medica Database, 2nd Author, Research paper
2. Microbial Forensics: the need to counter bioterrorism. Medico-legal Update- International Journal, January-June 2010, vol- 10, No 1, Page-54-56. International journal Indexed with - Index Copernicus, 1st Author, Research paper
3. Interpretation of injuries and cause of death among victims of fatal road traffic accidents at KLES’s Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital and Medical Research Center, Belgaum- A cross-sectional study. Medico-legal Update- International Journal, July-December 2010, vol- 10, No-2, Page 90-94. International journal, Indexed with - Index Copernicus, 3rd Author, Research paper
4. An Unusual case of death due to buffalo gore. Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology- International Journal, July-December 2010, vol- 4, No- 2, Page 9-11. International journal Indexed with- Index Copernicus (Poland), EMBASE, 1st author
5. “Pattern of unnatural death”- A cross sectional study of Autopsies at Mortuary of KLES’s Hospital and MRC, Belgaum. Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine (JIAFM), Jan-Mar 2011, vol- 33, no 1, Page- 18-20. National Journal, Indexed with Ind-Med & Index Copernicus (Poland), 1st Author, Research paper
6. Profile of poisoning cases autopsied at District government Hospital, Davangere. Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, Jan-June 2012 vol- 6 no 1, page 104-106. International Journal, Indexed with - Index Copernicus, 1st Author, Research paper
7. An unusual form of complex suicide – A case report Medico-legal Update-International Journal, July – December 2012, Vol- 12 No- 2, page- 160-162. 1st Author, Indexed International journal
8. "Bifid rib – a rare incidental observation at autopsy" Published on February 5th 2013 in International journal of Anatomic variation 2013, volume-6 page-22-23, as 1st Author, Indexed International journal
9. Near Hanging- A case report. Published in Journal of Punjab Academy of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, 2012; 12 (1), Page 37-39. 2nd Author
10. "A Prospective study of HIV positive Autopsies conducted at Bapuji hospital and research center”. Published in International Journal of Innovative Research and Development, volume-2, Issue-13, December 2013, page-64-68. 1st Author, Original Research Article, Indexed International journal
11. "Pattern of Blunt abdominal trauma – An autopsy based cross-sectional study" Accepted for Publication in Indian Journal of Public health research and Development on 8-4-2013 as 1st Author, Original Research Article, Indexed National Journal.
12. Perception of ethics & Consumer Protection Act (CPA) among doctors. Journal of Punjab Academy of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology. (Online) (Print ISSN - 0972 - 5687, Online ISSN - 0974-083X) J Punjab Acad Forensic Med Toxicol 2013; 13(1) page-25-27. 1st Author, Original Research Article, Indexed Received Apr 20, 2013 Recd. in revised form June 24, 2013 Accepted on June 24, 2013 Available online Jun 25, 2013
13. Morphometry of the Foramen Magnum: An important tool in sex determination. Research and Reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences. Vol-2 issue-4 Oct-Dec, 2013, page 88-91. 1st Author, Original research Article, Indexed journal.
14. Pattern of Suicidal Deaths at District Hospital Davangere-A cross-Sectional Study. Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine, July-Sept 2013, vol- 35(3): Page 233-235. 1st Author, Original Research Article, Indexed in Index Copernicus (Poland), IndMED
15. A study of Palatal Rugae Pattern among North and South Indian Population of Davangere city. Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine, July-Sept 2013, vol 35(3): Page 219-222. Original Research Article, 4th Author, Indexed in Index Copernicus (Poland), IndMED
16. Metopic Suture – Incidence and Morphology in South Indian Human Adult Skulls. Published in International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine Vol-4 No-1 (winter) 2014, page- 6-10, 1st Author, Original Research Article, Indexed, International Journal (Iran).
17. Headache: It’s Otorhinolaryngological Perspective- Published in National Journal of Otorinolaryngogology and Head and Neck surgery Vol-1(10) No-3, December 2013 Page-1-4 as 2nd Author. Indexed, National Journal.
18. A prospective study of Pediatric Autopsies conducted at Bapuji Hospital and Research center, Davangere. Published in International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research, Vol-5, No-2 2014, page- 83-86. 1st Author, Original Research Article, Indexed International Journal.
19. Profile of fatal organophosphorous poisoning in tertiary care hospital at JJM Medical College, Davangere. Published in Journal of Punjab Academy of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology July –December 2014, volume- 14, No-2 page-96-100. 3rd Author, Original Research
20. Anaesthetic Abuse and Suicidal death: A rare case report Published in International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 2014 Vol-3 Issue-5 Page 222-226. 1st Author, case report, Indexed International Journal.
21. Pattern of Histopathological changes in Lungs, Liver and Kidneys in case of Organophaspate insecticide poisoning. JKAMLS January-June 2015, vol 24(1) page-13-17. 3rd Author, original Article, Indexed State Journal.
22. A study of sex determination from human Mandible using various morphometric parameters. Indian journal of Forensic and Community Medicine, July-September 2015, Vol-2 Issue-3, pp-158-166. 2nd Author, Original paper, Indexed in Scopus & Index Copernic
23. A study pattern of Medico-legal cases treated at a tertiary care hospital in Central Karnataka. Indian Journal of Forensic and Community Medicine 2015, vol-2(4); page-193-197. 1st Author, Original paper, Indexed in Index Copernicus, National Journal.
24. Estimation of stature from the length of the sternum: An Autopsy based study. Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine, Jan-March 2018, Vol-40 No. 1 Page-80-84. 4th Author, Original Article, Indexed National Journal.
25. Arch length and arch width: A tool in gender determination. International Journal of Current Advanced Research 2018, Vol 7 issue 8D, August 2018, page -14822-14824. 5th Author, Original Article, Pubmed Indexed Journal