Overview of Dr.Balu.P.S
|Designation:||Professor | HoD|
|Degree & Additional Qualifications:||MBBS, MD|
|Academic Achievements:||1. Chairman – State Task Force – RNTCP – Karnataka.
2. Member – State Oversight Committee – KSAPS.
3. Mentor – Queen Elizabeth Golden Jubilee Program.
4. BM Patil Oration Award – 2017 – from Karnataka Association of Community health.
5. Member – Board of Studies – RGUHS.
|Years of Experience:||16 Years|
|List of Publications:||1. Comparative study of PEFR between the residents surrounding puffed rice industries with the residents of urban Davanagere. KT Ajay, Balu PS, Vijayakumar B, Smilee Joncy S, Dhanyakumar G, Sangam, Ranjeet BN. Int J Biol Res 2012; 3(3): 2085-2087.
2. A comparative study FEV1 and PEFR in early adult smokers and non smokers. KT Ajay, Balu PS, Smille Joncy S, Dhanyakumar G, Sangam, Int J Biol Res 2012; 3(3): 2046-2049.
3. Community level morbidity control of lymphoedema using self care and integrated treatment in two lymphatic filariasis endemic districts of South India: A non randomizes interventional study. Narhari SR, Bose KS, Aggithaya MG, Swamy GK, Ryan TJ, Unnikrishnan B, Washington RG, Rao BP, Rajagopala S, Manjula K, Vandana U, Sreemol TA, Rojith M, Salimani SY, Shefuvan M. Transaction of Royal society of Tropical medicine and hygiende. 2013 Sep; 107(9): 556-77
4. Sexual risk behavior and condom usage among female sex workers of Davangere city, central Karnataka: A cross sectional study. H O Girish, H Sudhir Prabhu, Balu P S, Aswin Kumar Raghavendra Swamy Koppad. International Journal Of Medical And Applied Sciences, 2013, 2(4):290.
5. Determinants of quality of life among people living with HIV/AIDS: A cross-sectional study In Central Karnataka, India. Kumar A, Girish HO, Nawaz AS, Balu PS, Kumar BV. Int J Med Sci Public Health. 2014; 3(11): 1413-1417.
6. Compliance to anti rabies vaccine and animal bite management practices in a rural area of Davangere, Karnataka, India. Anandraj R, Balu PS. International Journal of Community medicine and public Health. 2016: 3(1).: 862-65.
7. Determinants of quality of life among people living with HIV/AIDS: A cross-sectional study in Central Karnataka, India. Kumar A, Girish HO, Nawaz AS, Balu PS, Kumar BV. Int J Med Sci Public Health 2014; 3(11): 1413-1417. Doi:10.545/ilmsph.2014.230820142.